I Want You to Retire Tax Free in Kansas
Kansas is the 3rd worst state in the country for retirees, according to a new independent study from Kiplinger's. I've heard it in neighborhoods throughout the 39th District -- the tax burden for Kansas retirees is just too high. It's the one of the main reasons Kansas lost 5,200 households in 2021 -- the 10th most in the U.S.!
That's why I support -- and will fight for -- the Retire Tax Free plan in Kansas.
This plan would provide relief to retirees who live on fixed incomes and struggle with both the rising costs of inflation and shrinking retirement investments due to market losses. It would also encourage more retirees of all income levels to remain in the state - or move to Kansas - rather than move to a different state.
The plan would eliminate all state income tax on:
- Social Security retirement benefits
- Out-of-state public pensions
- Private pension benefits
- Defined benefit retirement plans
- Defined contribution retirement plans like 401(k)s
- Retirement annuities
- Individual retirement accounts
- Retirement plans maintained or contributed to by an employer, or maintained or contributed to by a self-employed person as an employer
- Deferred compensation retirement plans or any earnings attributable to the deferred compensation plans
We don't want you to leave Kansas after a lifetime of living and working here. You and your friends and family members deserve tax relief in retirement. Your vote to re-elect me in the 39th District is your best assurance that we can eliminate these egregious taxes when you're no longer working.
Your vote for me on or before Nov. 8 will help put a stop to this out-migration of Kansans. Learn how and where to vote here. And contact me with any questions about the Retire Tax Free plan I will support in the legislature.